Bouncing back after the December 16 and 17 calamity, Cagayan de Oro assumes its place as one of the favorite business destinations in the country.
Mayor Vicente Emano last week announced that an investor from Cebu informed him of intentions to pour in investments to the city. This was said to have been discussed during the investor’s recent visit here.
According to the mayor, the businessman is eyeing the construction of three medium-rise buildings in the city’s commercial district.
“Kung walay mga kakuli-an, ang pagsulod sa maong negosyante maghatag og dakong kahigayonan sa atong mga kaigsoonan nga maka-panarbaho,” the mayor said.
Meanwhile, Mayor Emano said he is not against the operation of a casino in the city.
The mayor said he is appealing to the Catholic church to allow the opening of a casino adding that there are already three foreign casino operators expressing intentions to open here. The investors are from China, Israel, and Malaysia.
The casino will only be for businessmen and tourists, he said.
“Kung adunay casino, kadto lang mga negosyante ug turista nga adunay pasaporte ang makasulod sa casino, ug padak-an ang bayronon sa pultahan aron kadto lang mga tawo nga makagahum ang makasulod,” he clarified.
The mayor however said he will respect the stand of the church on the matter.
Source: The Power